We all have the capacity to engage with wisdom from within to move in a deeply meaningful direction through life’s transitions. Whether it be a career or relationship challenge, anxiety over the future, regret about the past, loneliness, confusion, fear, stress, grief, or sadness, pausing and gaining a deeper understanding is key to emerging with wisdom, balance, clarity, and purpose.
I work collaboratively with a wide range of clients from diverse backgrounds, age ranges, and with various clinical issues, primarily utilizing mindfulness and cognitive behavioral based practices. My focus is on helping people create more life balance, facilitate self-growth, enhance their self-esteem and live according to their values. Pain, at times, can feel all-encompassing, like being submerged under a giant wave. Therapy can help with learning the necessary tools to navigate those circumstances.
With over 20 years of combined experience at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD), at the Veteran’s Administration hospitals, in research, as an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at UCSD, and in private practice, I specialize in:
- Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Treating stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, weight, eating, body image, and substance use disorders
- Discussing challenges related to relationships, family, career, academic, parenting, and life transitions
- Creating better work-life balance
- Processing grief
- Addressing issues related to high functioning autism
- Facilitating self-growth and self-development
- Enhancing self-image and self-esteem
- Managing painful emotions; understanding and overcoming uncomfortable behaviors involved in self-regulation of those emotions
Please contact me so we can discuss how your needs can best be served. I would be honored to be part of your process, 619-269-2377.